Mussels over Linguine with Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1745
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 197g
Saturated Fat 81g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 23g
Monounsaturated Fat 70g
Total Carbohydrates 462g
Dietary Fiber 17g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1Kg mussels, rinsed
- 500g linguine
- ¾ cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Rinse the mussels and remove beards if necessary, discard any that do not fully close when rinsing (these are dead).
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt, and cook linguine until a ldente.
- 3. Meanwhile, with linguine still boiling, combine all remaining ingredients (except for the cream and parmesan cheese) in a large covered sauce pan on medium-high heat.
- 4. Cover and simmer mussels in the white wine sauce until fully cooked and shells open up, about 5 minutes. Stir sauce and mussels to coat in sauce.
- 5. When linguine is finished, strain and stir into the mussels and white wine sauce. Now add cream and Parmesan cheese. Simmer for 5-7 minutes while covered, stirring occasionally until the sauce slightly thickens.
- 6. Serve topped with a pinch of fresh basil, parmesan cheese, and 6-7 mussels.
Durack Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/