Honey Garlic Butter in Foil
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 36g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- 1.2 kg side of salmon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- 3. Place the salmon onto lined baking tray sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.
- 4. Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness).
- 5. Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelise the top. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with lemon slices
Durack Aussie Seafood House https://aussieseafoodhouse.com.au/